Re: [BKARTS] Throwing the book at library criminals

on 2005-03-09 at 21:08 <paul.werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Funny - I have yet to see a code of conduct that would censure
>librarians

Censure?  No.  But the ALA *does* have a code of conduct.

http://www.ifla.org/faife/ethics/alacode.htm

>for hostile and arrogant behavior, or for overtly
>discriminatory acts based on race, gender, class or perceived
>linguistic "inferiority," any of which I witness about once a week on
>average...

People often suck and, librarians being people, are bound to
have their fair share of jerks among their ranks.  My own
experience is that they are few and very far between, though.

--
Shelly Couvrette
scouvret@xxxxxxxxxxx