Re: [BKARTS] preserving, protecting artwork made out of Kozo paper

On Mar 14, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Liliana wrote:

Two dimensional artwork made out of kozo paper and aluminum
wire..............
 Does somebody have an idea about sprays, or transparent acrylics, or
a type of lamination?
******************************
Aluminum can be clear (or color) anodized that will prevent it from
oxidizing. The clear is very hard and not easily scratched. I'm would
assume that the anodizing will work on wire, as it is readily done on
sheets and blocks. Ask the anodizing company about treating the wire
before OR after forming.

Krylon spray acrylic should be acceptable for the Kozo.
By the way: I just found that Krylon is also available in a Satin
finish, as well as the more common (and more readily available) Gloss
and Matt finishes. After looking for Satin finish for over four hours
on-line and on the phone with the manufacturer 4-times, they finally
told me it was at WalMart --- of ALL places; otherwise it would have to
be special ordered, or shipped to me from Oregon.

Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020