Re: [BKARTS] secret book repair

See, I have a favorite book from a local university library and it is totally falling apart. It would be so easy to fix. It is not particularly old or valuable or anything, and I am pretty sure that I am the only person who even knows it exists. I love the book and I want to fix it so they don't throw it out. I know I could just point out the damage to them, but I'm afraid that if I did they would throw it out immediately rather than spend time or money fixing it. I work as a bookbinder who specializes in repair, and it would be so easy for me to fix this book. Do you all think that these thoughts of mine are totally unethical? Or maybe you think I am very generous for wanting to repair a book free-of-charge? Thanks for the advice,
Frances