From: "Frances Castle" <StringBeanJean@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] secret book repair

See, I have a favorite book from a local university library and it is
totally falling apart. It would be so easy to fix. It is not particularly
old or valuable or anything, and I am pretty sure that I am the only
person who even knows it exists. I love the book and I want to fix it so
they don't throw it out. I know I could just point out the damage to them,
but I'm afraid that if I did they would throw it out immediately rather
than spend time or money fixing it. I work as a bookbinder who specializes
in repair, and it would be so easy for me to fix this book. Do you all
think that these thoughts of mine are totally unethical? Or maybe you
think I am very generous for wanting to repair a book free-of-charge?
Thanks for the advice,
Frances

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>