[BKARTS] fixing library books

I fix books from the local public library frequently. My branch
librarians know that I do this and think it's wonderful. The repairs
that I do are not obvious, and, I would say, to all but an expert eye,
are invisible. The repairs that the library itself has time and money
to do are quite obvious and often make the book open strangely or a
page tear in a different place.

I did it the first time when I checked a book out that a friend had
written. It came to me damaged and the librarian who handed it to me
said that after I read it, it would probably be put in line for repairs
which would take several months because of the backlog. So I fixed it
and turned it in. I was, of course, completely prepared to buy a new
book for the library if anything had gone wrong.

wendy