[BKARTS] The 4th International Book and Paper Arts Triennial

The 4th International Book and Paper Arts Triennial

Columbia College Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts announces a call for
entries for our Forth International Book and Paper Arts Triennial
Exhibition. We are looking for the best artists¹ books, editioned books,
fine binding, paper sculpture, papermaking, printing, decorative paper,
calligraphy and lettering produced in the previous three years. All media
that can possibly be used in conjunction with the aforementioned are
eligible, with the exception of commercially produced trade books. One of
the nice things about our Triennial is that you can actually enter it; you
don¹t have to sit around waiting for some curator to notice you and turn you
into a prince or princess. We will bring together three intelligent,
open-minded jurors who are book and paper arts professionals from a variety
of locales, to select the art. The selection process will be by blind jury.
The Exhibition will take place here at the Center¹s galleries from July 15
to August 27, 2005.

Timeline:
? Entries (by slides only) are due by April 15, 2005.
? Notices of acceptance will be in the mail by May 1, 2005.
? Accepted work will be due at the Center by June 15, 2005
? The exhibition dates are July 15 to August 27, 2005 with an opening
reception on July 15, 2005 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Please go to our web site to download the exhibition prospectus and entry
form and more information:
www.bookandpaper.org/triennial