From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
James Pepper
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:15 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Dallas Morning News article on my illuminated Bible Exhibition
in Dallas

I have been making by hand an illuminated manuscript of the  Bible for almost
18 years in Dallas, Texas, all by myself.
Yesterday the Dallas Morning News ran this story  :
“An  Epic Undertaking” By Kristen Holland in the March 16, 2005 Dallas
Morning News:
_http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/parkcities/stories/031605dnparpepper.99f18.html_
(http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/parkcities/stories/031605dnparpepper.99f18.html)
And I  wrote this press release:
Exhibition of a hand made  21st century Calligraphic Bible; The illuminated
manuscripts of James  G. Pepper March 8, 2005 – April 30, 2005, Museum of
Biblical Art, Dallas, Texas.  A modern hand written and decorated Bible made by a
Texan over 17 years without  using computers.
“It is given to very few to undertake, or  even contemplate, a labour of such
Herculean proportions.  It is given to fewer still to complete  it. What you
have done represents an achievement, which, so far as His Grace is  aware, is
quite without parallel in modern times.”  Letter from the Archbishop of  York,
25, January 2001:
”His Holiness prays that your  work will help you discover each day in the
inspired writings of the Old and New  Testaments, “a support for faith, food for
the soul, and a pure and everlasting  fount of spiritual life” (Dei Verbum
21).  He invokes upon you Joy and peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.”  Vatican,
March 26, 2002
The exhibition features pages  from my New Testament (1987-1995), a new set
of Gospels (2001-2005), a page from  Genesis, and a 7 page dedication to my
friends who died on September 11th 2001 in the  World  Trade  Center.  The new
set of Gospels is written in a  different manuscript style in each chapter,
calligraphers will enjoy the  different hands used in each chapter.
It is a call; a way of life. God  has provided everything I need to make a
New Testament.  I am a self taught Calligrapher. All of  my talents, all of my
experiences and my faith lead me to this task.  I completed the New Testament
while I  took care of my grandmother, a stroke victim.
“An Epic Undertaking” By Kristen  Holland in the March 16, 2005 Dallas
Morning News:
_http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/parkcities/stories/031605dnparpepper.99f18.html_
(http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/parkcities/stories/031605dnparpepper.99f18.html)
The 2001 article in the Dallas  Morning news:
_http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/122904_religi
onlookback_illuminatedbible.59cd1e6d.html_
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/122904_religionlookback_illuminatedbible.59cd1e6
d.html)
and the New years article of 2005  is at:
_http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/010105dnrel9.648a4cb3.html_
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/010105dnrel9.648a4cb3.html)
The Biblical  Arts  Museum, Biblical Arts Center  7500 Park Lane  Dallas,
Texas  75225, 214-691-4661. The center  is open from 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday
through Saturday and from  1pm to 5pm on Sundays.
James G. Pepper
biblescribe@xxxxxxx

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>