From: "Lavinia Adler" <laviniaa@xxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: paper?

I could lay the paper on the shelf after which it would be lying on the
shelf.

Lavinia Adler

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:03:49 -0500 bertha rogers <bkrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
Because paper is an object, not a person, the correct form is laying
on a shelf, I believe.
Bertha Rogers

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>