Re: [BKARTS] sewing Epson paper together in an album

check out betty's link! the illustrations show what i'm trying to explain!

http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/betty/ (thanks, betty!!)

f.

have you considered attaching each page to a hinge that you can then
sew ? this might be more long-lasting than scoring the paper...

That's a good idea.  Do you mean a short hinge that wouldn't go all
the way across?

again, a feebleness with english terms is my handicap ... i mean, gluing your page to a strip of paper (could be the same kind of paper, could be another, more or less flexible) that gives the Epson paper a bit of a distance from the spine. that strip, folded and used for two pages, can be a section in and of itself, or combined with other "hinges" (onglets is the word i want to translate!) to create a section. usually, with heavy paper, in creating a photo album, for example, we use this technique and pair two pages together for each section. with the folds, it creates a section that, in the spine, is as if it were four pages thick; in the book block it is two pages; this gives extra space for photos. and the extra bit of paper creates a place to score for heavy paper without scoring the actual page and creates a bit of distance from the spine, so the book opens easily and the pages fold nicely.

If you're NOT attaching material to the pages and so don't need the
extra space in the book block, then you can use one strip of paper
glued to two pages of the Epson paper and use THAT for the sewing
stations...  in both cases, this paper that attaches to the Epson
paper would be the same length as that of your page.

i want to draw you a picture! it would be so much easier!

Thanks! I think I understand.

--shannon

fran

--shannon

fran

I am thinking of sewing some Epson Enhanced Matte paper together with
a side stab binding.  Do I need to score each sheet in order for
people to be able to look at this album?  If so, should I offset the
score a bit on each succeeding page?

Is there a better way to bind this paper into an album?

--shannon

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>