Re: [BKARTS] Digital Art Studio Workshop

I meant to say, I want a copy of the book..
I will go on line to order. I have not really had the same
success with dig transfer that I used to when the inks
were different....so I can use the advice. Do you use
gel medium by chance?

susan.

>>> dotkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/19/05 11:16 AM >>>
Digital Art Studio Workshop
Dorothy Simpson Krause
UMass Dartmouth Digital Printmaking Institute
April 22 - 24

As a part of the UMass Dartmouth Digital Printmaking Institute, I will lead
a workshop April 22-24. Based on the book Digital Art Studio: Techniques for
Combining Inkjet Printing with Traditional Art Material, this workshop is
for artists who want to go beyond the 3flat2 digital print by using fine art
papers, collage materials, paint, pastel, and other traditional media. The
emphasis will be on exploration and experimentation not the final product.

Participants will work with
    ? wet digital transfers, (similar to a polaroid transfer or monoprint),
to paper and fresco panels
    ? precoating a wide range of surfaces for printing
    ? creating custom surfaces using non-woven fabric as a 3base2 or
polyester as a 3carrier2
    ? digital images printed under or over other media and 3layered2 prints

Each participant will receive a copy of the book, Digital Art Studio, that I
co-authored with Digital Atelier artists,Bonny Lhotka and Karin Schminke.

The facilities for the workshop include the Epson 7600, two Epson 4000 and
other desktop printers, a computer lab and printmaking studio. I will be
assisted by Mary Taylor, my studio manager, who is also a teacher and
consultant. Additional technical assistance will be provided by the founders
of the Digital Printmaking Institute, UMass Dartmouth Professors Mark
Millstein, Marc St. Pierre and Janine Wong

In conjunction with the workshop and the Boston Cyberarts Festival, an
exhibition of images from the book, Work from the Digital Art Studio, will
be at the New Bedford Art Museum March 10 to May 8. On April 22 at 5:30 I
will begin the workship with a gallery talk at the Museum.

For additional information,
http://www.des.umassd.edu/dpi/april2005wkshp.html
To register, contact
Mark Millstein