Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 20 Mar 2005 to 21 Mar 2005 (#2005-80)

The workshop filled very quickly but the book is available from Amazon.com
via the Digital Atelier website, http://www.DigitalAtelier.com.

The secret of digital transfers is the precoat which encapsulates the
waterbased inkjet dyes or pigments and releases them to damp paper by
capillary action. Kimoto <http://www.kimototech.com/> Silkjet SC4 clear film
works well for transfers or you can precoat your own films with inkAID,
<http://www.inkAID.com>. Printers with ³pizza² wheels, the ejection wheels
that track across the the surface of the print after printing, will make
marks through the ink. I've known artists to use gel medium for transfers
but find it much more difficult.

Good luck with your work,
Dot