[BKARTS] BookFest and beyond-NYC

For anyone visiting BookFest in New York City:
BookFest
April 8-9
Borough of Manhattan Community College
199 Chambers Street at West Street
(#1,2,3,A or C train to Chambers Street, two blocks west)

The Third annual artist-created, artist sponsored book event, showcasing the
best artist books in the US, Canada and Mexico.
http://www.bookfest.com/

Then:

The Center for Book Arts
28 West 27th Street 3rd Floor
between Seventh Avenue and Broadway
New York, NY
212.481.0295

VIEWS OF VENICE
January 21, 2005 - April 2, 2005
This exhibition will highlight approximately fifty artists books from the
collection of this Italian collection. The books to be featured in this
exhibition were made in the print workshops of the Scuola mostly by Italian artists,
such as Loretta Cappanera, Claudine, Giotto, Maria Lai, Stefania Missio, Bonizza
Modolo, and Giuseppe Perezzan, as well as by international artists who held
residencies at the Scuola’s, including artists from Germany; France, Belgium
and the United States. The force behind this collection is Matilde Dolcetti, the
Director of the Scuola, where her interest in artist’s books has a powerful
influence on the artists who work in this well equipped printshop in Venice.

And:
Also take the IRT Seventh Avenue Subway to Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn,
Walk up plaza to Library at Eastern Parkway:

Brooklyn Public Library
Grand Army Plaza
Brooklyn, New York
718-230-2100
http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/

JOURNALS: Seen and Recalled
ARTIST BOOKS by SUSAN NEWMARK
(a.k.a. Susan Fleminger)
Tuesday, March 22- May 15,2005
Balcony Cases

If your timing's right and the weather cooperates see the Brooklyn Botanical
Gardens.

Enjoy our city!
Alice

> From:    Kris Wiedenheft <kfwlil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: while in NYC for bookfest...
>
> I am going to be in NYC for BookFest on Sat. April 9th.  Does anyone
> have any suggestions for other book related happenings while I am in
> town?
> Thank you.
> -Kris

A L I C E * S I M P S O N