Re: [BKARTS] Full Vellum Standards presentation by Peter Verheyen

Make sure the skin isn't too "horny"/stiff/thick and keep damp. I generally
dampen the turn-ins first, and then in the area of the headcaps paste out
the vellum and let it really soak in. This in addition to the PVA or Mix.
If need be dampen again from the outside while working the headcaps.
Spittle works well, but so does an alcohol/water mix.

You can thin the vellum at the turn-ins by scraping with a shard of glass,
but this is something I haven't done. A dremel COULD work too, but you
don't want to take to much off, otherwise it'll be too thin/translucent.

Above all, remember who's the boss and keep at it.

p.