[BKARTS] Fake Gold and Leather

Hullo. Someone asked me about using fake gold foil on leather and I immediately responded with, "No... the metals in fake gold will discolor over time, turn green... only use genuine gold." Upon reflection, my answer was based only on early experience and I don't know if it's always true. Do some of you use foils other than genuine gold to good effect on leather?

Too, I'll raise this thread again for any new comments. Is there a good test to tell a roll of genuine gold foil from imitation?

Bob Roberts