From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Dorothy Africa
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:45 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Removing smudges from page edges

I prefer to start with vulcanized rubber sponge because it is used dry and
does not leave any residue behind.  It usually comes in a large block so it
has to be cut into small pieces to be useable for books.  As the cleaning
surface becomes dirty, it can be cut away with a pair of scissors.  We get
them from a couple of supply places, but they are made by Gonzo Corporation
which calls them 'wonder sponge':  www.gonzocorp.com
Dorothy Africa

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>