Re: [BKARTS] Fake Gold and Leather

 Betty wrote:
>Yes, imitation foil used on leather will turn green in time
>(I'm not sure how long it takes)...I found one of those scraps
>weeks or months later in my scrap box. The lettering had
>indeed turned to an ugly shade of green.

I can report different results using imitation gold foil than Betty
experienced.  Leather books I've tooled with foil seem to still look just
fine after 7 years.  But I do topcoat the foil with shellac or lacquer and
perhaps that makes the difference. (?) Perhaps in time they too will turn
green.

Ken