Re: [BKARTS] Student Time Multiplier

As a student, I'm one of those people who sometimes finishes a step pretty quickly and sometimes just doesn't get it at all.  But during those workshops where I do finish ahead of others, I've made a practice of returning to the first steps and constructing a second book, or box, to fill in my waiting time.  This way I can practice what I've just learned, with the benefit of having the teacher there to answer questions.  Perhaps you can suggest that your faster students try this.

Cara

-- Kevin Thomas <ktbooks77@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, no this is not a joke, I'm quite serious about wanting to give my
students enough time to learn and not feel rushed.

I'm getting ready to teach a class and I know that certain parts of the
class will take me certain amounts of time to demonstrate. But with my
experience I, naturally, will complete the task quicker than my students
will do the same. Can anyone tell me how much time to allow the students to
complete the task? I really would like to be able to plan the day out
somewhat, not to the minute, of couse. But I don't how if I should leave
them twice as much time or four times as much time as it takes me????

Please can somebody help me out this time?

Thanks,

Kevin

Alice Simpson Wrote:

Sounds like a "light bulb" joke to me!