From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Kevin Thomas
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 3:36 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] What's it called?

Hey Gang,

I'm doing a binding that I once learned in a class, but I don't remember
what it is called. The text block is made by gluing one side of the
folio to one side of the next folio. The whole side of the paper is
glued and attached to the next. The result is a stacked group of folios
that looks like a regular text block with no sewing and no supports. I
then attach the text block to a case-style cover.

Anybody know what this structure is called?

Thanks!

Kevin

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>