[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] What's it called?

Well, reminds me of a "board book," as opposed to "bored book." It's a
structure commonly used on children's books. Very robust and opens flat.


Hey Gang,

I'm doing a binding that I once learned in a class, but I don't remember
what it is called. The text block is made by gluing one side of the
folio to one side of the next folio. The whole side of the paper is
glued and attached to the next. The result is a stacked group of folios
that looks like a regular text block with no sewing and no supports. I
then attach the text block to a case-style cover.

Anybody know what this structure is called?




Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
The Book Arts Web & Book_Arts-L Listserv

    The Bonefolder: an e-journal for the bookbinder and book artist

            For all your subscription questions, go to the
                     Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]