Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 4 May 2005 to 5 May 2005 (#2005-125)

It's been storming here yesterday and today. Not much fun for the old
folks, who don't want to go out in it, but I did walk out on the
boardwalk to the beach and watch the waves crashing in last night.

The development in the marshes in back of the house we stay in, a
rather fearsome amount of development, has, I fear, scared off all the
wonderful birds that used to live there. I've heard no clapper rails,
and seen few egrets, ibises or herons. Haven't seen any alligators,
either, but there are only three places here where I've ever seen them
and I haven't been to any of them this week.

Will put on a poncho and go out looking today, wind and rain or no!