[BKARTS] Workshop at Ferry Beach, Maine 8/27-9/2

I feel a little weird posting this workshop to this group . . . so many of
you are far better qualified to teach this than I . . . but here goes.

Ferry Beach Camp and Conference Center, Saco Maine
August 27 - September 2
Fiber Arts Plus! Conference -  groups meeting from 9am to noon and from 7pm
to 9pm.  Afternoons are open studio time or for field trips . . . or a
little beach time.

Ferry Beach is a Unitarian Universalist Camp and Conference Center on Saco
Bay about 15 miles south of Portland Maine.

Handmade Books/Journals - Maxine Farkas will lead this group in an exploration of a variety of handmade book forms including Japanese bindings, maze books and traditional sewn bindings. You will use everything from copy paper to handmade paper; bookboard to fabric, thread to glue. An afternoon field trip to an art supply store will introduce the huge variety of handmade papers available. To celebrate the week we will explore different printmaking techniques and create an artist book of memories. $50 material fee covers all paper, binding materials, art supplies and equipment. (It does not however, cover any purchases at the art supply store!)

Conference fees include room, board and basic workshop costs . . .

For information about Ferry Beach or additional information about this
workshop go to www.ferrybeach.org.