Re: [BKARTS] Gilding Press

The other day, you wrote:

Can anybody tell me anything about a Hickok gilding
press? I know what it is and what it is used for, but
can anyone tell me what I could expect to spend on one
if I were to buy one? How big are they? And where
would I buy one?

Hickok were still making some equipment when we contacted them in 2002:

(Alas, they have stopped making their self-centring typeholder!)

Their email address at the time was:

Peter Hickok <p.h.hickok@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hope that you can get one.

Peter Krantz Book Restorations Sydney