Re: [BKARTS] Book Art Classes in Seattle

Hello every one,

    My name is Daved Ferrell and I'm teaching the first series of classes. The classes are designed for the initiate in bookbinding. Our course fee is $150. This fee is purposely low and we intend this to only cover our expenses yet provide a quality experience. In the classes making books we will use 90lb water color paper, waxed linen thread and black bookcloth. The  piercing cradle will be made of hard wood and the sewing frame will be made of hard wood and carriage bolts. This will be our introductory offer for these classes and we expect the classes will run for 2.5 hours each Thursday for 8 weeks. Best wishes, Daved.

Mission Statement - To provide educational, technical, and creative resources for individual pursuits in the book arts. To foster appreciation, understanding and acceptance of the book as a contemporary art form and medium for self expression.

BOOKBINDING I (8 weeks)

1.      Bookbinding Basics: Cutting, folding, paper grain etc.

    Create an Accordion structure

2.      More bookbinding basics: gluing Create a pamphlet

    stitch binding and a single signature case binding

3.      Learn to build a piercing cradle

4.      Create a multiple signature case bound book

5.      Learn to build a sewing frame

6.      Create a Coptic binding book

7.      Learn to make sewn headbands

8.      Create decorative covers

        If you have questions please feel free to email me directly and below is listed my website.

Sincerely Daved Ferrell

daved@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.vokurka.com/persephonepress.htm