Re: [BKARTS] Tabletop Jacques Board Shears?

Amy,

I have a table top version.  It's called a Jacques Jr. and makes
a 20" cut.  It has an integral clamp (clamps down as the blade
comes down.)

My cost was $25.00, about 4 years ago. But that was at an auction
in a closed chemical research lab and nobody knew what it was; just
another office paper cutter.

If the one you're looking at is like the one I've described, it should
be worth $100-200, depending on condition.

I can send a .jpeg to you if that would help.

Jack

>Anyone seen a table top version of the Jacques Board Shear?  A good board
>shear to have? drawbacks? Any idea of what one might be worth?
>
>thanks for any info, amy

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217