[BKARTS] Society of Marbling Annual 2005 now online

Greetings friends and colleagues,

Please forgive any cross -posting of this message. This message is forwarded on behalf of Marie Palowoda, the editor of the Society of Marbling Annual. This society is the only organization in the world devoted solely to marbling. The annual is now available online at

www.marbling.org

Jake Benson

THE 2005 ANNUAL PUBLICATION FOR THE SOCIETY OF MARBLING IS NOW ONLINE!

IT'S TIME TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP AND ANNUAL PUBLICATION SUBSCRIPTION OR
BECOME A NEW MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY OF MARBLING (If you have already sent your
dues, please accept our thank you.)

The Society of Marbling is an international organization with members from Australia,
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Japan, Turkey, and the USA.  Society
membership includes the Society of Marbling Annual.  First published in 2003,
each issue is 42 or more pages.  Included are several articles written by renowned experts
and innovators in the field of marbling, society news/updates, book, collections, and
exhibit reviews, and an Announcements column listing classes, exhibits and other events,
items for sale, etc.  Announcement listings are free for Society members.

The 2005 Annual is published on the Society of Marbling Website
www.marbling.org   Society members may read and print the Annual directly from the
website.  The Annual is also available as a hardcopy print version for those who are not yet
connected to the Internet and as a Cd-Rom for those who wish to have it stored on disk.
The online Annual and CD-Rom includes color images and have hyper-linked email and
website addresses.  The print version includes black and white images.  Membership dues
start at $15 for the online Annual and a detailed membership rate/subscription order form
is included below.  YOU MAY ALSO PURCHASE MEMBERSHIPS AND RESOURCES ON THE
WEBSITE USING PAYPAL AND YOUR CREDIT CARD.  THIS WILL SAVE NON-USA MEMBERS THE
COST OF EXPENSIVE BANK DRAFTS.  GO TO www.marbling.org FOR MORE INFO.

The 2003 Newsletter & 2004 Annual are still available as a black & white print version or
the color and hyperlinked CD-ROM. The 2004 Annual CD also contains many additional
images not shown in the print version.  The price is $15 + shipping.  Please check the
appropriate lines on the order form below.

Directory corrections are also sent to Society members who have purchased the
International Directory of Marblers and Resource Guide.  Features of the Guide include:
313 listings, marbled paper collections, glossary, bibliography, and reference lists of
suppliers, instructors, and periodicals. Two versions are available, the Booklet - 48 pages
- 8 1/2 x 11"    OR  the CD-rom - view and print in a pdf file for use with Adobe Acrobat
Reader which can be downloaded for free from the Internet.  Great for easy emailing of
announcements and fast web surfing. The price is $15 + shipping.  Please check the
appropriate lines on the order form below.

Mailing labels are now available for your marketing needs.  White address labels are pre-
printed with all 313 names and addresses contained in the Directory Listings.  They are
self sticking and measure 1 x 2 1/2".  The price is $15 + shipping.  Please check the
appropriate line on the order form below.

IMG 2002 Programs are available as a 35 page xerox copy.  The 8 1/2 x 11" copy also
includes the participant list with contact info. The price is $10 + shipping.  Please check
the appropriate line on the order form below.

A CD-Rom of the IMG 2002 Exhibition includes 46 images.  There is 1 piece from each
individual in the juried exhibition, 1 piece from each presenter, 1 piece from each member
of the Planning Board and 1 group shot. A corresponding list is provided including artist,
title, materials and date completed. This really is a wonderful record of artwork ranging
from classical to innovative approaches to the marbling process.  The price is $20 +
shipping.  Please check the appropriate line on the order form below.

A note about the Society website.  In addition to the News and Events listings we are in the
process of adding a marbling bibliography and a Question & Answer educational
section about marbling.  We also will be, when we find a volunteer to help, expanding
our Members Gallery to include a marbled image and contact info for each participating
member.

As the organization grows, there will be additional benefits for the members.  In fact, our
website www.marbling.org will include new information very, very soon.  In addition to the
News and Events listings we are in the process of adding a marbling bibliography and a
Question & Answer educational section.  We also will be, when we find volunteers to
help, opening our Links section and expanding our Members Gallery to include a marbled
image and contact info for each participating member.  At this time and in the future you
have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to create what is certain to be an
important worldwide organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of
marbling.

If you do not wish to become a member of the Society at this time you can still get on the
mail list for marbling events.  Send your name, address, and email to the address or email
below.  Do you know others who may want to receive our publication?  Forward this notice
to them so they can subscribe too!

Inquiries, membership dues and payment for Resources may be sent to Marie Palowoda at
the address below.  And remember, you may also order and send payment online using
Paypal.  If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I look
forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Wishes,
Marie Palowoda