Hedi is working on a book of instructions but she keeps thinking up new
things so I'm not sure if she is gaining any ground.
Emily

Emily Martin The Naughty Dog Press 742 7th Avenue South Iowa City, IA 52240 USA 319 338-7266 319 338-5741 (fax) http://www.emilymartin.com emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx The University of Iowa Center for the Book emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx On May 24, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Rebecca Shaffer wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Signa Houghteling" <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 23, 2005 4:21:29 PM EDT
To: "Rebecca Shaffer" <bookhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Belgian binding

Dear Rebecca,

Heidi said she learned the structure from two Belgians in Europe,
years ago,
and doesn't have anything in written form.  The name apparently came
about
because they wondered what to call it.

Sorry, that's all I could get out of her.  But it was exciting to meet
this
icon in the profession/art!

Signa