From: "John Cutrone" <JCUTRONE@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 4:19 PM
Subject: [BKARTS] Persistent Nipping Press Question

Hello Book Arts Folks:

There's been a question roaming through the back of my head for years
now--it only surfaces every now and again, and it just did now.

For all those times when a nipping press is not in use (and there is a
very
large percentage of time when it is not), I was taught to leave the press
screwed down lightly with two pressing boards between the base and the
platen. Friends of ours at another small press, however, leave their
nipping press open when it's not in use. My question: Is one method or the
other correct? Does it even matter?

In the interest of good binding,
John

Convivio Bookworks John Cutrone & Seth Thompson, proprietors Lake Worth, Florida http://www.conviviobookworks.com