Re: [BKARTS] Questions about choosing a leather conditioning product / darkening le ather

Carl,

Klucel-G will certainly help. If you will e-mail me
direct, I can further advise you on the treatment of
your books. As leather dries out, its color becomes
lighter than it was originally. So, some darkening
might be preferable. While SC6000 and Renaissance
Paste Wax are fine products, they are not meant for
nor are they suitable for your purpose. It is a chancy
proposition to use straight neatsfoot oil and lanolin
on dried out leather. Not only will it permanently
darken your leather but it may gelatinize it.

My eial address is info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,

Ed Stansell