Re: [BKARTS] ...... books to be leather-treated

Bill success does not necessarily equal popularity.
Our "Original Leather Preserver" was developed in 1977
because at that period the prevalent practice was to
discard dry powdery leather because it had lost all
its life and was fit for nothing and should be
replaced. My customers, however wanted to preserve the
original (thus the source of the name) leather
bindings, mainly due to the having been ornately
gilded. I used what knowledge I possessed of chemistry
and leather and  developed our formula. It has been
successful in that I have used it successfully as have
a few others, ever since. Its lack of popularity is
due only to the lack of marketing. If I had kept it
entirely secret, only I would know of it. But that
would not negate the fact that it does indeed work.

Regards,

Ed Stansell   bookrestoration.net