Re: [BKARTS] Leather conditioning

Sid,

The British Museum formula left books tacky
principally because of the beeswax. That concentration
of oils and waxes should not be used on old leather,
However it will most likely help preserve new,
properly tanned leather.

That is not to say that there is nothing that can be
done for old leather. It only means that you are not
aware of what can be done.

Regards,

Ed Stansell,  bookrestoration.net