[BKARTS] restoration- perforated library stamps?

Hello all,

Does anyone have a suggestion about how or to whom to apply for restoring an
18th c  book with perforated library stamps?  Each of the 17 engravings has
the library's name perforated across the image, though luckily since the
images are technical schematics very little printed area is affected.  Many
thanks,
John Ptak
JF Ptak Science Books
8 Biltmore Ave
Asheville NC 28801
http://www.thesciencebookstore.com

Can anyone make a suggesition ----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Stansell" <craftbookbinding@xxxxxxxxx> To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 11:15 AM Subject: Re: ...... books to be leather-treated

Bill success does not necessarily equal popularity.
Our "Original Leather Preserver" was developed in 1977
because at that period the prevalent practice was to
discard dry powdery leather because it had lost all
its life and was fit for nothing and should be
replaced. My customers, however wanted to preserve the
original (thus the source of the name) leather
bindings, mainly due to the having been ornately
gilded. I used what knowledge I possessed of chemistry
and leather and  developed our formula. It has been
successful in that I have used it successfully as have
a few others, ever since. Its lack of popularity is
due only to the lack of marketing. If I had kept it
entirely secret, only I would know of it. But that
would not negate the fact that it does indeed work.

Regards,

Ed Stansell   bookrestoration.net
--- William Minter <wminter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 25, 2005, at 1:01 PM, Edward Stansell wrote:

> You may want to try a product that we make. We
have
> used successfully since 1977. It works better than
any
> we have ever used and we will refund the price if
you
> don't like it.
>
> Ed Stansell
> http://www.bookrestoration.net/
******************************
Ed,
A "successful product" that has been available since
1977? I am
curious? What can you tell us about it, in addition
to what you have
stated?
See another similar message from me today under
"Leather Conditioning".
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695