[BKARTS] Of possible interest to artists in the NYC tri-State area--residency opportunity in NJ

re-posting as requested:
--------

Greetings All,

I would like to promote the 2006 Residency program and can't think of a
better way then to email my artist friends and ask their help in this
effort. I am including the information in this email and not as an
attachment, though I have one I can send out.

Below is the prospectus, and thank you in advance for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely,

Stephen McKenzie

Call for Artist Residency Applications

Artist-in-Residence

The Newark Museum Arts Workshop

Applications are being accepted for three artist-in-residence positions at
The Newark Museum Arts Workshop for the month of January 2006. The residency
offers artists the opportunity to use the Museum¹s professional facilities
for creating new work. An honorarium will awarded to selected artists.
Special for the 2006 program will be the selection of an artist who is
Newark-Based for one of the Residencies.

The Newark Museum Arts Workshop consists of three studios: one for weaving,
fiber, textiles, and related areas of study; one for fine metals and
enameling; and one that is open for a variety of disciplines. Artists will
have available to them the resources of the Museum including the major
collections, special exhibitions, The Educational Loan Collection (a
repository of approximately 15,000 objects for study or visual reference)
and Library.

Eligibility:
Artists in the areas of fiber and textiles, clay, fine metals, jewelry and
metalsmithing, enameling, sculpture, painting, photography, printmaking and
works on paper may apply. In addition to having a professional exhibition
record, artists must have some teaching experience either with adults or
children.

How to Apply:
Send 10 slides, or 10 images on a CD, of your current work along with
resume, artist statement, some notices of professional activity such as show
cards or write-ups in the newspaper, and SASE.

Exhibition and Honorarium:
Artists¹ Residency work will be shown in the South Gallery for six weeks
during spring 2006. An honorarium of $1000.00 will be paid at the conclusion
of the Residency. This includes artist acting as juror to select the next
round of Newark Museum Resident Artists for 2007.

Send application material to:
        Stephen McKenzie, Manager
        The Newark Museum, Arts Workshop for Adults
        49 Washington Street
        Newark, NJ  07102-3176
        Email address: smckenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deadline: Monday, July 18, 2005

Please copy and distribute or post in public locations.