Re: [BKARTS] Klucel-G

Carol,

While Kulcel-G is "soluble" in both water and alcohol,
I find alcohol more suitable because water can be
harmful to dry powdery leather, and also, alcohol
speeds the drying time and has a greater penetration
rate than does water.

Depending on how much you want, put some alcohol into
a clear container and slowly stir in a small amount of
Klucel-G. (Hydroxypropylcellulose does not actually
"disolve," it absorbs the alcohol at a rate
approximately 1 to 1000) Allow to stand until the
Klucel-G is no longer visible. Do this until the
mixture is about the consistancy of ketchup. It is
then ready for use.

Regards,

Ed Stansell

--- Carole Vanderhoof