Re: [BKARTS] ...... books to be leather-treated

T.A.,

I don't believe that to be the case, that all
ingredients are divulged. Conservators use products
regularly without knowing the ingredients. Examples:
SC6000, Vulpex Soap, PVA, Book cleaning gels, etc.

Supposing, a treatment involving a single, known
ingredient were proposed. Would it not still be tested
to determine if it worked, And if it did work, how
well. and could it possibly be harmful?  That's all I
ask. Try it. Test it. Use it or forget it. I'm not
going to make the formula public domain. If you will
not give it a chance, it is of no consequence to me. I
have no need for anyone to purchase my product. I make
it for my own use. It matters little to me if you do
or do not have a way of consolidating or preserving
dry rotted leather; only if I do.

At one time I might have considered making the formula
known to anyone who asked, but I have gotten such a
rude reception from nearly everyone regarding it that
I would no longer entertain such a notion.

Regards,
Ed   bookrestoration.net