Re: [BKARTS] ...... books to be leather-treated

Christina,

This is a great list. There are occasionally rude exchanges and
sometimes national politics gets too much attention, but generally
speaking the posts on this list are very helpful. I have found the
posting of workshop announcements especially helpful since this has
given me the opportunity to attend some hands-on learning experiences
while meeting some of the people I've read on this list. Another way in
which this list has been helpful to me is in learning about suppliers of
various book-related materials. Most of the time I merely observe in
silence (i.e. lurk), but since I've recently stepped into the thread
about leather treatment, and since your reservations seem to have been
inspired by this thread, I've also chosen to reassure you of the value
of this list.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

T. A. Brown
Franconia, New Hampshire USA

Christina wrote:

Folks,

What was the focal point of this, originally?
Hello, I'm new to the book arts world and this is my first "list serv"
experience. Imagine!  I'm intrigued, is this what they are about?

I am an artist seeking inspiration in my new path to marrying words and
image and introducing myself to new materials and thinking.
At a LA book arts conference, I scooped up cards, met people and asked for
internet groups to mire myself in. I sought out a book arts-related
opportunity to be a sponge, to soak up, to look, be inspired, learn and not
fear asking neophyte's questions.

Am I in the wrong place? I ask this honestly, as I said, I'm new.
And any advice on more appropriate groups for me would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers and thank you,
Christina