[BKARTS] Welcome to the listserv

Hi Cristina,

I'm the neophyte who asked the question about how to treat leather-bound books that launched this set of threads.  All groups have flaming points now and again.  They're not to be proud of, and we all know better.  My experience on this list, having lurked for well over a year before piping up at all, is that such flare-ups are very uncommon.  Overall, I find the discussions enormously educational, and the members truly helpful to each other, even friendly, overall.  Stay with it.  It's worth it.

Cheers,
Cara

-- Christina <Christina@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks,

What was the focal point of this, originally?
Hello, I'm new to the book arts world and this is my first "list serv"
experience. Imagine!  I'm intrigued, is this what they are about?

I am an artist seeking inspiration in my new path to marrying words and
image and introducing myself to new materials and thinking.
 At a LA book arts conference, I scooped up cards, met people and asked for
internet groups to mire myself in. I sought out a book arts-related
opportunity to be a sponge, to soak up, to look, be inspired, learn and not
fear asking neophyte's questions.

Am I in the wrong place? I ask this honestly, as I said, I'm new.
And any advice on more appropriate groups for me would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers and thank you,
Christina