Re: [BKARTS] ...... books to be leather-treated

Tony,

There is a very very VERY long list of research topics, which the conservation community is sponsoring and pursuing. They do not usually test proprietary products. I would say that most if not all the time, the manufacturer sends his product to an independent laboratory for testing. It is really his place to do this, just as others have done, whether it is adhesive or deacidification fluids or paper.

What I (and many of my colleagues) object to is the use of this forum to sell things. An exception may be made, when a vendor notes that a product being discussed is in their inventory. There are many such, and this practice is useful. There has been discussion that anything being offered for sale should be so noted in the Subject Line, but I really don't remember whether that was on the Book Arts List or the Bookbinding List.

Yes, two s's...****ing. Now, please, let's get on to something else.

Carol
Eugene, OR

========