[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] "Rifodero" term/adhering paper to a substrate

Hi for what it's worth, "Foderare" in Italian means to line or in the case
of bookbinding to cover a book.  To "Rifoderare" is to "re-cover" something
or to re-bind or recover a book.

Hope this helps, Mercedes 

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: June 1, 2005 2:11 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] "Rifodero" term/adhering paper to a substrate


Is anyone familiar with this term (spelling may not be correct) "rifodero"?
I heard it in the context of applying something (paper, canvas) to a harder
surface.  When I "google" it, I see links to a particular artist in
Italy...I wonder if it's more universal, even within a small community.

Just curious.
And any thoughts on how best to safely adhere paper to stone, metal, glass
would be appreciated.

Oh! And also, where might I find old covers, ideally with marbled papers and
leather corners? (In a perfect world, there's a big box under someone's desk
collecting dust that I can procure for a song!)

Thank you all,
Los Angeles, CA

P.S. And thank you to the continued "welcome" and "hang in there" spirit.
 I'm enjoying it all quite well thus far!

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.4.0 - Release Date: 01/06/2005

Edelpappband / “Millimeter” Binding Bind-O-Rama, Entry Deadline - October 1, 2005
             For all your subscription questions, go to the
                      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
          See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]