[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] Eraser questions

That's called a rubber cement pick-up. It's made for cleaning up after using
rubber cement for edges, etc. and just what you're using it for. You can
find them at most graphic arts supply, fine arts supply outlets.


Date:    Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:48:44 -0400
From:    John Cutrone <JCUTRONE@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xyron Machine Feedback?

We've used Xyron for various bits and pieces of books and other projects,
with great success. My only gripe with it is that, on ours at least, there
is often a thin layer of adhesive that sneaks out along the edges of the
component that's received the adhesive. I solved this by running an eraser
along all exposed edges before placement--the kind of eraser you might use
to remove the occasional accidental drip of PVA. I haven't the foggiest
what this eraser is called, and if anyone does, let us know... I could
really use a new one! It's square (about 1.5" on all sides) and kind of
nubby, and is not the kind of eraser that erases pencil marks. Any one?


Convivio Bookworks
John Cutrone & Seth Thompson, proprietors
Lake Worth, Florida

*********************************************** Edelpappband / ?Millimeter? Binding Bind-O-Rama, Entry Deadline - October 1, 2005

            For all your subscription questions, go to the
                     Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.

         See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]