[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[BKARTS] Bookbinding Box making workshop in Atlanta
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [BKARTS] Bookbinding Box making workshop in Atlanta
- From: Ann Frellsen <ann.frellsen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:39:31 -0400
- Comments: To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, GBW@listserv.syr.edu, C-Adelman@msn.com, "Arnott, Julie" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Roselyn Batcheller <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dan Boulden <email@example.com>, Ken Brownlow <kbkb@YADTEL.NET>, Patricia Crass <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Carol Crawford <CCRAWFD@gwm.sc.edu>, "Bryan L. W. Draper" <email@example.com>, Betsy Eldridge <BPEldridge@AOL.COM>, Julia Elsas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Anna Embree <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Larry Lou Foster <Lfoster3@slis.ua.edu>, Ann Frellsen <email@example.com>, Karen Hanmer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bob Hanmer <email@example.com>, Andrew Huot <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Maggi Johnsen <email@example.com>, Monique Lallier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Sharon L. Long" <email@example.com>, "Judy A. O. Lynn" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Kathleen Maher <email@example.com>, Ken Marks <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "James M. Neal" <email@example.com>, Kim Knox Norman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Brenda Parsons <email@example.com>, Mike Riley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jamie Runnells <email@example.com>, Mary Ann Sampson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sonja Schwoll <email@example.com>, Rebecca Shaffer <bookhart@INSIGHTBB.COM>, Sharon Sharp <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Barry Spence <email@example.com>, Donald Swanson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jake Salik <email@example.com>, Aaron Salik <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Susanne Thomas <email@example.com>, Tonyia Tidline <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Marcia Watt <email@example.com>, Marie Weaver <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Charlotte Wegrzynowski <email@example.com>, Kirsten Wehner <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Gretchen Winger <email@example.com>, Bob Muens <Bob20@earthlink.net>, Kim Loudermilk <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Erin A. Mooney" <eamoone@LearnLink.Emory.Edu>, Martha Ebener <email@example.com>, Donna Bradley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Agnieszka Czeblakow <email@example.com>, Julie Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Message-id: <42A1F563.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040804 Netscape/7.2 (ax)
The Southeast Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers is excited to be able
to host Australian book binders Joy and John Tonkin in Atlanta, GA for a
master bookbinding class.
2-DAY MASTER CLASS BOOK AND BOX WORKSHOP
Description of class:
A small format book will be made and housed in a drop-sided presentation
The book will be multi-sectioned and about 4 1/2 inches high. It will
be a flexible "fast" back binding in full kangaroo leather. It will
have a "clean-cut" head, tail and fore-edge. The textblock will be blank
and will be ideal for an address or birthday book.
The drop-sided box will be covered in a fine bookcloth. The ends of the
walls of the trays will be covered in leather. The tray bases will be
lined with suede.
There will be an emphasis on accuracy.
Although all steps will be demonstrated, participants will gain the most
from the workshop if they are able to sew a book beforehand.
Comprehensive notes will be provided.
Instructors: John and Joy Tonkin
Joy and John run a book arts business in Canberra, Australia. They
specialise in conservation and restoration of rare books, works of art
on paper, and one-off fine designer bindings. They also run a limited
edition press. John commenced binding in the 1970s and studies in
Paris and Ascona, Switzerland. Joy is a graduate of the University of
Canberra in paper conservation and has studied in Ascona, Switzerland.
Both exhibit nationally and internationally.
WHEN: Class will be held on Saturday July 9th and 10th, 2005
Class hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
WHERE: at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
Plan to bring your own lunches or eat at a nearby restaurant.
Cost for the two day workshop: $100.00 plus $15.00 materials fee to
cover kangaroo leather and suede.
Experience required! Must be able to sew a text block.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Edelpappband / ?Millimeter? Binding Bind-O-Rama, Entry Deadline - October 1, 2005
For all your subscription questions, go to the
Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information