[BKARTS] APHA Conference deadlines approaching

Deadlines are fast approaching for this September's APHA conference
in the San Francisco Bay area, and you risk being frozen out of
accommodations or missing out on discounted registration.

If you're missing your registration form, you can download the latest
from the APHA website (follow the links to the "conference and
registration brochure"--it's a small PDF file):
http://www.printinghistory.org/htm/conference/2005/index.htm

Latest information about the conference can also be found at the above page.

1. Hotel. The Sir Francis Drake is RAPIDLY filling up. (Call the
Drake at (800) 227-5480 and ask for the "American Printing History
Association conference rate.")

2. Dorms. There are also dorm rooms on the Mills College campus. Note
that since producing the brochure, Mills changed its reservations
number and email address. For dorm room reservations only, please
call 510-430-2063 or email rsears@xxxxxxxxxx

3. Conference discount registration. Early registration ends on
August 15. Save $15 by sending your registration check early. (You'll
also avoid my raised eyebrow when you pick-up your registration tags.)

Schedule: Early birds can enjoy a number of activities on Thursday
afternoon. We follow with dinner and our keynote speaker Thursday
evening at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. We will spend all day Friday
at Mills College in Oakland for the conference. While the formal
conference ends on Friday, there will be enough activities on
Saturday to keep you in the Bay area for workshops, open houses and,
of course, the annual Lieberman Lecture, being delivered by Gabriel
Rummonds late on Saturday afternoon at the University of San Francisco.

(Incidentally, I'm delighted to note that the letterpress invitations
to the Gabriel Rummonds lecture will be printed and designed by Jack
Stauffacher, our 2000 Lieberman laureate.)

Paul W. Romaine Vice-President for Programs and Webmaster American Printing History Association www.printinghistory.org