[BKARTS] Perfect Endsheets Every Time?

Greetings, All.
Though I've made a few books now, I still have an occasional endpaper refuse to stay down in the inner joint, flexing up at inner board edge and making unsightly creases. Sometimes careful work with a bone folder will get the paper to stay in the joint, but would you share your expertise in getting Perfect Endsheets Every Time?
I should clarify that I am talking about tight-joint leather bindings in which the pastedowns are dried with both boards fully open and pulled back 150 to 180 degrees. I'm using wheatpaste, and this difficulty applies especially to books sewn on raised bands (if that matters.) To further complicate things, the endsheets are usually hand marbled, so rewetting can easily cause color smears or loss. Too, when closing the boards for the first time after drying, I work with the folder to try and keep all flexed into the inner joint while closing.

Bob Roberts