Re: [BKARTS] Locking Journal/Books

Have you tried Lee Valley Tools? They tend to have interesting findings
like that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Debb Galcik
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:46 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Locking Journal/Books

I have a customer who is interested in a custom journal made with a
lock/key or combination lock. I suppose I could deconstruct an existing
commercial book and recycle the lock, but there has to be somewhere you
can buy just the hardware. The type of lock doesn't really matter so
much.

I researched some hardware catalogs and at bookbinding sites without
much luck. Closest thing I can find it padlocks on a hinge and they are
still a bit bulky.

Don't suppose anyone knows of a source or has experience with making
locking books? Any suggestions?

Thank you

-Debb

forgottentoybox.com