Re: [BKARTS] Heat activated tape for mounting stamping dies

I belive you are looking for 3M Bonding Film 583
<http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/government/innovative_solutions/node_GSJVTH6X8Bgs/root_GS3RBW6QFVgv/vroot_31S2JJ7584ge/bgel_GSVTGCFXSGbl/gvel_Z2X2W27B8Wgl/theme_us_innovativesolutions_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html>.

Follow the link from the above page to the data sheet (PDF) and,
despite the picture of a clear film, you'll see they sy it's brown in
color.

I could not find any information about purchasing, it was hard enough
navigating the 3M site.

I suggest you call 3M directly for the swiftest results.

- Duncan

Anyone have a source or solution for mounting hot foil stamping dies to a
metal backing plate?  At the bindery I used to work at, we used a heat
activated tape by 3M (came on a roll about 3" wide), but I can't seem to
locate it on the web.  Talas has a heat activated "adhesive web" on a roll
(16" wide).  Would this be what I'm looking for?

Any advice greatly appreciated,
amy

-- The Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc. Minneapolis, MN USA 612-332-1313 / 800-942-6224 http://www.campbell-logan.com