Re: [BKARTS] Heat activated tape for mounting stamping dies

Wouldn't that film stay melted when hot? I don't think that's quite the
right adhesive.

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Duncan
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:28 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Heat activated tape for mounting stamping dies

I belive you are looking for 3M Bonding Film 583
<http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/government/innovative_solution
s/node_GSJVTH6X8Bgs/root_GS3RBW6QFVgv/vroot_31S2JJ7584ge/bgel_GSVTGCFXSG
bl/gvel_Z2X2W27B8Wgl/theme_us_innovativesolutions_3_0/command_AbcPageHan
dler/output_html>.

Follow the link from the above page to the data sheet (PDF) and, despite
the picture of a clear film, you'll see they sy it's brown in color.

I could not find any information about purchasing, it was hard enough
navigating the 3M site.

I suggest you call 3M directly for the swiftest results.

- Duncan

--
The Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
Minneapolis, MN  USA