[BKARTS] Another delurker

Hi all

I, too, have been lurking for a couple of weeks, and came to
bookbinding through a course the Heritage Weavers and Spinners (I'm
their newsletter editor, as well as a spinner and certified Master
Knitter) ran in June.  For someone trained as a writer, editor,
indexer, and DTP expert in the "real" world, the physical
construction/production end is a lot of fun.

I've lived in Vancouver, Ottawa, Washington DC, and New York City,
although I am back in Calgary, AB (Canada), where I returned (I grew
up here) to finish off a Master in Environmental Design degree, and
have been experimenting with ways to incorporate my fibre work with
bookbinding, using both shaped knitting and felting.  The next goal
I've set for my wheel is to start spinning my own linen sewing thread.

Calgary is a great place to be "into" books -- I've noticed fellow
Calgarians here on the list -- and fibre: we've had a bad rep of
being a cultureless, redneck wasteland that some of us are trying to
change. <grin>

And I'm off to my first book-related event on Saturday, when I'm
going to Nancy Jacobi's slide show.

Cheers
Linda