Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 6 Aug 2005 to 7 Aug 2005 (#2005-219)

I'm in NC but not in Raleigh. However you might have your friend check
in with Monique Lallier and/or Don Etherington who live an hour or so
west of Raleigh, near Winston Salem. (They are married but Monique
retained her former name.) Their websites with contact info are:

Monique Lallier
http://www.moniquelallier.com/New/welcome.html

Don Etherington
http://www.donetherington.com/index.htm

Since 1984, Jim and Joyce Teta have hosted twice yearly workshops
at Cheerio. While Cheerio workshops are primarily calligraphic in nature,
each spring a bookbinding classes is usually included. Monique taught
that workshop last March. Contact info:
Joyce: http://www.calligraphycentre.com/joyce1.html
Cheerio: http://www.calligraphycentre.com/che.o.html

I got into bookbinding via calligraphy (one can have only so many framed
pieces before that gets monotonous). If your friend wants a further
resource,
contact Dara Linn, Pres., Triangle Calligraphers' Guild / Raleigh at:
southernscribe@xxxxxxxxx
Dara will know or know of some local bookbinders I am sure.

Back to lurking...
Phyllis Petersen / Fayetteville NC
ppetersen@xxxxxxxxx
www.JOYouz.etsy.com