Re: [BKARTS] Box for Homer - Drop-spine Boxes

Instructions for making drop-spine boxes (and other stuff) are available online at <http://libwww.syr.edu/information/spcollections/conservation/> in pdf format. They're the instructions we use at Syracuse University to train our work-study students. Once the basics are understood, they can be easily modified and enhanced with things like rounded spines and other compartments. A board shear is essential if making lots of these, but it can be done on a cutting mat. Pictures of the set-up I used for years are at <http://www.philobiblon.com/upload/>.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC