[BKARTS] author's rights

Hi everyone.

I am printing broadsides of a poet's work and also plan to make books
using his writing.
Does anyone know the "etiquette" for sharing a percentage of the
edition with the author?  If I sell any work, how much (if any) of the
take to I send to the author?  Along the same lines, how many copies
may I ask the author to sign?

Thanks in advance.  If you'd like to reply off list, the email is:
cholbrain@xxxxxxxxx

Lisa Beth Robinson

The first law of motion is that bodies in motion stay in motion and bodies at rest stay at rest, unless acted upon by a force.--Isaac Newton, Principia.