Re: [BKARTS] gold stamping problem

Teri,

It sounds like you're describing the result of too much dwell and/or a very hot die combined with a pretty soft spot in the leather. In short, the gold is not just adhered to the bed of the letter but come up the sides of the deboss and over the hillock between letters (to grandmother's house we go).

If the solvent Richard suggested doesn't get you there:

* Get both pair of your reading glasses on or do something else to magnify your view of the problem.
* Get your pointiest knife (something like the classic #11 exacto).
* Dampen the effected area
* Stand a little drop of water in a small spot where you want to start work.
* Poke your blade tip down through the droplet and encourage the rouge gold to let go and float away.
* Use any degree of aggression short of damage to the leather.
* Work your way around till all the birds smile outside the studio window at the excellence of your work.
* Give that naphtha a try after you've done as much as you can bear (and the leather is dry again).

Regards,
Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx